Wednesday 12 November 2008

KENYA: Assumption Sisters Celebrate New Professions and Jubilees

THIKA, August 15, 2008 (CISA) -Six nuns belonging to the Assumption Sisters of Nairobi made their final profession as seven others celebrated their silver jubilee at the Uzima Centre in Thika.The celebration to mark the feast of the Assumption of Mary was presided over by Fr Francis Gachinga of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa. The newly professed were Veronica Nthenya, Bernadette Muthina, Felister Kirigha, Catherine Kinyua, Glady’s Chepkemoi and Mary Muli.The sisters expressed joy at their profession. Sr Felista Kirigha said, “I am so excited today it is like the heavens have opened for me.”Sr Jane Ndemenge 25 years in religious life said, “It feels great and exciting today to have come all this way, but I owe this to God. Sr Jane, a teacher, is the principle of Madaraka Girls Primary school one of the best school’s in Thika.“By the grace of God I started this journey in January 1980. I made my first commitment on December 27, 1982. I made my final commitment on December 15, 1991. Since that time I have continued to serve the Lord. I have no regrets to make.Other sisters celebrating their jubilees were Bernedette Munyao, Veronica Thiga, Consolata Banda, Anastasia Waithira, Agnes Mwongela and Christine Kagunye.The congregation also launched their first music CD. Assumption Sisters of Nairobi were founded in 1955.

No comments: